- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information directly from you when you access our Website or use any products or services made available through the Website. This can include information provided when you register for an account, fill in a form, correspond with us via live chat, telephone, email or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists or other forms of marketing communications, purchase products, personalize products, respond to surveys or use some other feature of the Website as available from time to time.
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you we may also collect certain types of personal information about you indirectly through our third party service providers such as:
- Analytics data, or data generated from third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic to our Website, usage trends and to understand more about the demographics of our users;
- Financial and/or transaction data from payment and logistics providers in order to process a transaction and deliver products to your nominated address for delivery; and
- Google, Facebook and other third party service providers who are located outside New Zealand, which may collect and transmit to us certain information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider.
You may choose whether to provide your consent to the collection of your personal information by us. However, if you choose not to provide such consent, this will restrict your ability to access and use the Website and Services.
- HOW WE USE AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use industry standard technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect is stored on secure servers, and electronic transactions entered into through our Website are protected by SSL encryption technology. You acknowledge that, in spite of the above precautions, Harvest Moon Home cannot eliminate all risks associated with the security and integrity of your personal information.
- to enable you to access and use any Services or other functionality made available to you through this Website
- to receive, process and fulfil any orders
- to our service providers
- to provide marketing and promotional communications to you if you have opted in to receive them
- for our internal business purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Harvest Moon Home’s Products, Services, and customer communications
- where we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us and third parties from imminent risk of harm
- where required by law or legal process, litigation, or requests from public and governmental authorities (within or outside your country of residence) to disclose the information
- for any other purpose, where you have provided your consent for us to do so
- MARKETING AND ELECTRONIC MESSAGES
From time to time we may ask whether you would like to receive communications and to be kept up to date on new product information, upcoming events and news about Harvest Moon Home. Agreeing to accept such communications is optional. If you change your mind, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to and to receive a copy of your personal information.
Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
For more information or if you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
The Website and Services may use 'cookies' and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behaviour, personalise your user experience, tell us which parts of our Website people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as personal information. We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of our Websites such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use
Statistical cookies These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
Preference cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
Marketing & Discount cookies These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and any advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.